1. Relax around the pool.
2. Visit the Saturday market in Vera (and then Lidl and Iceland on the way home!!).
3. Spend an afternoon enjoying great tapas and a few drinks at various bars around the plaza of Uleila Del Campo.
4. Visit the western-styled theme parks - Fort Bravo and Mini Hollywood.
5. Take a hike or a cycle ride around the area - use www.Wikiloc.com for local routes.
6. Spend a day at Mojacar - firstly wandering around the old town which is a traditional white washed village and then enjoy an afternoon at the beach.
7. Go visit the Circuito De Almeria race track at the weekend (2.2km away) to see motorbike or sports car racing - there’s a restaurant there too.
8. Visit El Rio de Aguas which has a natural turquoise blue lagoon and a hippy-style commune hamlet.
9. Enjoy an afternoon at the Cuevas de Sorbas (Caves of Sorbas) - and a bite to eat in the restaurant afterwards.
10. Drive around the Cabo De Gata area where you will see many beaches, hamlets and small towns.
11. Enjoy a round of golf at one of the many fabulous golf courses around the area - many within an hour’s drive - for example, Vera, Roquetta, Mojacar and El Toya.
12. Visit the extensive pottery shop in Sorbas where you can see the owners making their own pottery.
13. Envigorise yourself with a private yoga session with Manuel who is our lovely neighbour and yoga guru.
14. Take a car journey to see the monastery of the Santuario de Monteagud near Benizalon where you can have a lovely picnic and enjoy the 360 degree views of the area.
15. Take a trip to one of the local morning markets at Tabernas on a Wednesday, Sorbas on a Thursday and Uleila on a Friday.
16. Enjoy a fabulous walk or mountain bike ride along the Via Verde Lucainena de las Torres which is a pathway from the old mining train between Lucainena and Agua Amarga. You can also visit the Hornos de calcinacion museum.
17. If you’re a very keen cyclist you may want to try the Alto Velefique or Puerto de Velefique which is one of the most iconic climbs in Spain famous for its 20 hairpin bends. The Puerto de Velefique is a high mountain pass at an elevation of 1.820m above sea level.
18. If you want a good old English market then you can find everything you want at the Friday morning market in Turre. There’s also a supermarket that sells lots of English goods and you can get a great roast beef sandwich there.
19. Just down the road is a free olive oil museum at the Oro del Desierto which also sells it’s award winning organic oils - plus wine and other gifts.
20. Enjoy fantastic fish and chips on a Friday, or a traditional English Sunday lunch on a Sunday, at Bar Restaurante Laguna in Vera.
21. Every Monday at 10.30 here at Little Texas we have our qualified Yoga Instructor 'Manuel' by the pool to provide classes to our guests. Donations are welcomed by Manuel. Please ask at the bar or message for more information.